I took the Magic Marker Techniques Class by Altenew for my certification. I had no idea so many ways they could be used. Since I love working with Alcohol Inks, I specifically gravitated toward the alcohol markers. I really like the way they show up on the vellum.
To make the background I scribbled several colors of copic markers on my glass mat and added some isopropyl alcohol. I used the brayer and went over some watercolor paper. Initially, I put some double-sided adhesive to a strip, but took it off. I applied the adhesive to the different elements of the flower. Applying it to the flower made it easier to stick to the watercolor paper, and allowed for a whiter background for the vellum that is colored to show.
I used the Altenew Peony Bouquet stamps and die. After stamping all the pieces with Versamark, I embossed with gold powder, applied the adhesive and cut them out. I used copic markers and started with a light coloring. I then used a little darker color marker and lightly pounced on the flower and leaves. I really like the way they make it look. I arranged the flowers and leaves and put a piece of press-n-seal to lift them all up. I glued them to the background and applied that to a card. I used a Tim Holtz Sentiment and stamped with Black Archival Ink.
This was an easy card, but a little time consuming. However, I am please in how it turned out.
I hope you enjoy!