As part of the Boutique Cards class, I was trying to think simple. The mail delivered the Mega Letter die I had ordered, and an idea started forming. Going through my stamps I found the Ruffled Flowers stamps, and below is how I created this card. I remember when I got this stamp a few years back, I really didn’t know what to do with it. Now, it seems like this was made for the monogram. Time and different techniques can really bring to life something old.
After stamping the flowers in Rubellite, Pinkalicious and Raffleberry, I went for my favorite watercolor brush in Emerald. I dabbed a little color on my mat and used a watercolor brush to apply to leaves.
The Mega Die “R” was cut from the flowers. I used washi tape to keep from sliding. Three more R’s were cut from black cardstock to give it a little height when applying to the card. All were glued together with the flower on top.
I used a cover die and applied to a 4.25 x 5.5 base which was blended with Pink Diamond to give a hint of color. The R was glued to the top of the card. The Thank You sentiment was stamped on a piece of black cardstock and embossed with bright white powder. I wrapped a piece of vellum around the card and placed the sentiment on top. Since I did one, I can see mass producing this. Several of these would be a good gift to someone who likes to send Thank You notes.